[wp-testers] WordPress 2.5.1 is available! Please update now message returns after upgrade

headsetoptions.org headsetop at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 12:29:39 GMT 2008

I understand that, I am trying to figure what in this table was causing the version update from going through?

Alexander Beutl <xel at netgra.de> wrote: >
> I did manage to fix it by dropping the wp_options table in the database
> and recreating one with the new install.
> Not sure if that is the right way to do it but it did the job.

Since the options table is used for storing many sorts of things (like
Pluginsettings, maybe templatesettings and stuff) I wouldn't recommend this
strategy in most cases and for most users.