[wp-testers] Posts not publishing on 2.5.1?

Mog idomoggie at mac.com
Sun Apr 27 08:51:52 GMT 2008

On Apr 24, 2008, at 4:19 PM, Ryan Boren wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 3:54 PM, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 1:54 PM, Doug Stewart <zamoose at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Howdy all,
>>>
>>>  I'm encountering a bit of an issue that has seemingly cropped up in
>>>  the last few revs of 2.5.1-alpha (and now 2.5.1 proper).  If I
>>>  navigate to the Write Post machine and compose a post entirely
>>> relying
>>>  upon auto saves, when I click the "Publish" button, it only
>>> saves it.
>>>  I then have to navigate to the saved post and click "Publish"
>>> again,
>>>  at which point the post actually is pushed to the front page.
>>>
>>>  Anyone else seeing this strange behavior?  I'm on a Mac -- it
>>> seems to
>>>  happen across Camino and Flock, though I've not yet tried Safari.
>>
>>  I ran across it in FF. Trying to hunt it down.
>
> Of course, now that I'm looking I can't reproduce the problem.  Can
> anyone boil it down to a set of steps to reproduce?
>
> Ryan

I'm having a similar problem in Camino, I write a post and hit
publish and the title and category show up but no text where there
should be a post until I hit the more then it showed up. I can't get
the TinyMCE  to show up either and when I try to switch to html,
field collapses and I have to go to manage screen to get back to the
post. This on the 4/27 nightly. I've noted other weird behavior with
WP saving drafts that I didn't make, the autosave thing? But saving
them separate from the post when it should be just the one post.

Mog