[wp-testers] WP 2.5.1 Problem with moving widgets

Musing Minds kimsch at musing-minds.com
Fri Apr 25 21:11:46 GMT 2008

Ryan Boren wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 1:30 PM, Kirk M <kmb42vt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> After upgrading to WP 2.5.1 I noticed that although I can drag an existing
>> sidebar widget up and down the column of existing ("existing" meaning
>> already assigned to my sidebar) widgets and the other widgets "make room"
>> properly, once I drop the widget I'm dragging it ends up on some other
>> random placement upon the page and not where I dropped it. "Saving Changes"
>> shows that the errant widget indeed had "dropped" into the proper slot even
>> though it had ended up "dropping" somewhere below the "Save Changes" button
>> when I initially dropped it. In fact, I can just about drop an existing
>> widget anywhere on the page besides the existing column of widgets and it
>> stays there.
>>

> Eww, that's ugly.  I can get them into the order I want with some
> nudging, but the experience is definitely poor.  Working on it.

I can confirm this happening as well. Used Firefox browser while doing
the widget moving, but yeah, I got the same thing happening on Trunk
copy...

2.6 bleeding 4/25: there's a light blue highlighted (classic color scheme) area that it seems the software wants the widget in almost perfectly, kind of like some of the online jigsaw puzzles where if it's not in *just the right place* it doesn't "stick".