[wp-testers] WP 2.5.1 Problem with moving widgets

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 20:30:25 GMT 2008

After upgrading to WP 2.5.1 I noticed that although I can drag an
existing sidebar widget up and down the column of existing ("existing"
meaning already assigned to my sidebar) widgets and the other widgets
"make room" properly, once I drop the widget I'm dragging it ends up on
some other random placement upon the page and not where I dropped it.
"Saving Changes" shows that the errant widget indeed had "dropped" into
the proper slot even though it had ended up "dropping" somewhere below
the "Save Changes" button when I initially dropped it. In fact, I can
just about drop an existing widget anywhere on the page besides the
existing column of widgets and it stays there.

I checked this in Firefox 3 (nightly builds) Opera 9.5 and IE 7.0 and
all show the same behavior. If others are seeing the same thing there's
going to be a great deal of irritated WP users who updated to 2.5.1. I
did not have see this problem with 2.5 and I tested with all plugins
disabled also--same problem.