[wp-testers] "spam" attacks on WP.org / plugin rating

deliciousdays oliver.seidel at deliciousdays.com
Sun Apr 20 20:30:48 GMT 2008

In total we're looking already at 45 1-star ratings, which is for some
other
plugins (I believe 4 to 5 of the top rated ones got hit), about 1/3 to
/1/4 of their
overall votes.

It all happened withing a few days and considering that it took for some of
these 12-18 months to build up a good rating, based on good and consistent
support and coding, it's unnecessary.

Coincidentally a new plugin had emerged not so long ago (roughly two weeks
old) and despite quite negative press, already has 56 (!!) votes and
deducting
some negative actual ratings, leave the plugin with about 30-40 some 5-star
ratings - v*e*r*y odd?!
I don't want to point fingers, but the coincidence is striking (14 days!).

Oliver