[wp-testers] "spam" attacks on WP.org / plugin rating

deliciousdays oliver.seidel at deliciousdays.com
Thu Apr 17 20:49:49 GMT 2008

I agree they do, but the question is, what is being done about it?

It should be relatively simple to raise a flag when a plugin gets 25%
(overall!) increase in ratings, all 1 star, in a time frame that's about
.5% of the time the plugin has been hosted on wp.org.

An alternative would be to remove the plugin from WP, which
unfortunately would kill the auto-update process for many other users.