[wp-testers] Re: image upload error. (Ryan Boren)

Aaron Harun admin at anthologyoi.com
Tue Apr 15 21:37:53 GMT 2008

O.T.

>  IMHO, TinyMCE should be removed from the core completely, hooks included for
>  any RTE plugin to use, and a TinyMCE plugin installed and enabled by
>  default.

As much has I dislike tinyMCE (I'm cringing now because a client's
project requires plugins for it), an RTE should stay in the core.

Most users are used to desktop publishing, and don't know basic HTML
that is really necessary to "dress-up" and organise a post. Although a
framework for different RTEs would be nice, I think it would be far
more work than it is worth because the vast majority of the user-base
uses tinyMCE without even knowing what it is,  how it works or what
the actual source of posts looks like.

Aaron.