[wp-testers] RE: "embed" and standards

Laura Dahl lbdahl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 13:49:25 GMT 2008

Because of IE, you need some HTML tags that are not part of standard
XHTML.  However, we need to show our files to all our audience, and
Flash and others will not show it's movies to all of us if both embed
and object tags are not there to explain file "embedded" file.

These tags were disallowed in previous versions of the rich text
editor.  I am personally glad they are now allowed.  I had nothing but
trouble inserting Flash files without the ability to use the embed and
object tags.  I think it's a Godsend for those of us trying to maintain
our edublogs.

Laura Dahl
www.edtechblog.org