[wp-testers] Re: image upload error. (Ryan Boren)

Alex Hempton-Smith hempsworth at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 9 03:55:51 GMT 2008

+1 for removing the flash uploader and including it as a plugin.

Flash-based uploading is clearly an extra frill that
> > > should be handled in a plug-in. It should not be in
> > > the WP core code.

I disagree because I could make the same argument for the tinyMCE
> > interface.

Indeed you could, a strong one actually.

IMHO, TinyMCE should be removed from the core completely, hooks included for
any RTE plugin to use, and a TinyMCE plugin installed and enabled by
default. The only issue with this is all of the existing plugins which
depend on TinyMCE; if there were some universal API for adding buttons to
whichever RTE was enabled, we could overcome this hurdle. A universal system
is already beginning with the media buttons in 2.5, which work regardless of
TinyMCE's inclusion, however this only applies for media plugins.

Alex