[wp-testers] Re: image upload error. (Ryan Boren)

Bertilo Wennergren bertilow at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 02:18:07 GMT 2008

Stefano Aglietti wrote:

> Some people on some hosting solved the HTTP problem adding this code
> in .htaccess file
>
> <IfModule mod_security.c>
> <Files async-upload.php>
> SecFilterEngine Off
> SecFilterScanPOST Off
> </Files>
> </IfModule>
>
> If your hosting has security mode on this maybe will solve the
> problem.

I tried that and a lot of other suggestions I found.
None of them worked. At last I installed the plugin
"No Flash Uploader", and that solved it.

I strongly believe that the new flash-based uploader
should be a plug-in. Then, if it doesn't work correctly,
we can just remove that plug-in, instead of having to
install a plug-in to get rid of the problem.

Flash-based uploading is clearly an extra frill that
should be handled in a plug-in. It should not be in
the WP core code.

--
Bertilo Wennergren <http://bertilow.com>