[wp-testers] I'm NOT Happy

Xel xel at netgra.de
Sat Apr 5 14:47:56 GMT 2008

"inserting special text such as from word or plain doesn't work."
What do you mean by "special text"?

I do not have any Problems with hyperlinks nor with anything else you
described.
When it comes to the plugin: Whenever a plugins stops working it does that.
There were enough warnings to check all of this, to do backups and stuff. If
you can not live without that plugin maybe you should wait for it beeing
updated to fit 2.5. Put your backup back up and wait until everything works
fine.

Anyway, I know what you mean, but it is as it is. It has happend and no one
should be blamed for that. Everywhere I looked it was written in big letters
that plugins may stop working and one should check the compatibility list.
You obviously missed that one. And again, everybody: It is not hard to make
a trial install before you upgrade your blog. Then you would know, if
everything works finde or if there is stuff not working. And then you should
be able to decide if you want to do the upgrade or not.

I didn't upgrade from 2.2. branch to 2.3 because it wasn't worth it. I did
this with educated eyes, because I installed wp a second time on the same
server to try it out. I found it not perfectly working with my theme and
wasn't happy with the tagging so I didn't install it. Maybe you'll lern to
do the same: Install it as a second WP - use a subdomain on the same server
for this if available. Try everything - install your theme, you plugins and
try it all out. If you're happy: Upgrade. If you're not: Wait.

No offense - but this would be a save way to do it and not to be trapped by
versions which is not working as expected. There are such many cases
wich can course something to go wrong - you can never be sure everything
will work allright for everyone.

Alex