[wp-testers] why in_category() work in page template

Stefano Aglietti steagl4ml at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 18:16:24 GMT 2008

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 12:32:26 -0500, Stephen Rider
<wp-hackers at striderweb.com> wrote:

>> What's your idea before i open a ticket on trac?
>
>Sounds like a bug to me.  In the meantime, you might use something like:
>
>in_category() && is_post()

At first this was my impression to, a bug. Then idiscovered there is
plugin that allow to assign one or more categories to a page and i
suppose there is for tags too.

If with the old structure before wp 2.3.x this should be considered a
bug, with the new taxonomy scheme and the idea it can be extended in
different way i think it's not a really bug but just an unesed
feature. Cause there is function that works for pages about category
and tags maybe would be nice having it in the core, the existing
taxonomies will be applied to all "object" of WP and with object i
mean posts pages and links, this would be a great improvement for WP
especially on tags side.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it