[wp-testers] link broken

Mistah P mistahp.testers at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 13:06:35 GMT 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 7:54 AM, Dispoweb2.0[Ghaith] <dispoweb at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hello,
>
>  I just find a bug on wordpress 2.5 but i don't find any issue for it, when i
>  put a link on a post the link is changed to
>  http://www.mydomain.com/http://www.the-link-i-put.com so it redirect me to a
>  404 wordpress page error.
>
>  You can see a demo here : www.dispoweb.org , I put a link on the word
>  i-Actualite.

Can you verify that your post contains a full and proper url? When I
look at the page source of the output, it looks like the link is
missing the colon in the protocol (http//foo instead of http://foo).
Without the colon, a web browser won't see that as a valid protocol
and will assume that it's a relative link, so it prepends the url of
the page currently being viewed. Which is exactly what you're seeing
here.