[wp-testers] why in_category() work in page template

Stefano Aglietti steagl4ml at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 14:40:32 GMT 2008

Every page got the default category in the tazonomy table and this is
something I consider wrong, cause if pages has not categories
theydon't have to have a category associated (even if it's the default
one)

But someone on italian forum asked me about how to manypoulate the
database directly to change the category for some pages cause he's
using the tag in_category() in default page.php tempaltes and other
pag templates and it works.

It's not a bug? This tag shouldn't work at all or replay alway true or
false if is used in a page template.

What's your idea before i open a ticket on trac?

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it