[wp-testers] OpenID support

C. Rummel rummel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 12:36:09 GMT 2008

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 11:27 PM, Will Garcia <w at will.ph> wrote:

> Anybody got OpenID (wpopenid plugin) working for comments in 2.5-stable?

No, first I had to make sure, that the upload-dir existed and had sufficient
permissions, an now I only get a

*Fatal error*: Call to undefined method Log_file::setMask() in *
/var/www/htdocs/docs/test/wp-content/plugins/openid/core.php* on line *156*

Some debugging:

openid$ grep setMask *
OpenIDLog.php:    function setMask($mask)
core.php: $wpopenid_log->setMask(Log::UPTO($wpopenid_log_level));

OK, the function itself exists, let's make sure it is known, i.e. if it is
called from core.php:

@include_once('Log.php');                   // Try loading PEAR_Log from
normal include_path.
if (!class_exists('Log')) {                 // If we can't find it, include
the copy of
        require_once('OpenIDLog.php');          // PEAR_Log bundled with the
plugin
}

So you either have to have PEAR_Log or alternatively OpenIDLog.php gets
loaded.

It turned out that I've had a very old Log.php in my include_dir (dated from
2005, some old Horde test installation). Once removed, WP-OpenID activated
without a problem.

Well, now I have to find out how to register users...

Greetings,
Chris R.