[wp-testers] Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference...

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Wed Apr 2 03:47:07 GMT 2008

On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 14:40:24 +1100, Jacob Santos <wordpress at santosj.name>
wrote:

> Need to start a campaign against damn stupid hosts which still have a
> buggy version of PHP5 installed. If at all possible. Please tell you
> host to skip PHP 5.05 and skip PHP 5.2.1. This issue primarily affects
> those with PHP 5.05, right? Therefore, such a small crowd it is a
> wonder, why the hosts haven't yet upgraded.
>
> I do like your patch DD32. I just don't like how it exists within the
> function call.

Yeah, I dont like it particually either, But given its a variable which
isnt in use anywhere else in the function, And only serves as a
intemediatry variable, its OK in my books.
I remember writing up a patch for a few other cases like that a few months
ago too.

And I'm just greatful the host as 5.0.5 available, its either that or the
defautl 4.3.2 or something.. :)