[wp-testers] Gallery / Archive Issue with some Themes?

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 01:43:27 GMT 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 2:26 AM, Daniel Schoonover <daniel at dangarion.com> wrote:
> Gallery issue with some theme archive pages.  Hi I'm trying to figure out
>  what needs adjusted in the archive pages to make them work with the gallery.
>
>  I'm having a problem where I get CSS code in my posts that have galleries in
>  them with modified version of the Handyman theme from WPdesigner.  Just
>  wondering what might need to be done to get it to work properly.

Looks to me like your theme uses excerpts in the archive template.
There are two issues here: CSS needs to be moved out of the post
content (this is also fixed by a new tag stripping function), and
image tags are stripped from excerpts.

You may want to change your template to use the_content instead of the_excerpt.

Andy