[wp-testers] WordPress 2.5 RC2 bug report

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 01:04:36 GMT 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 9:16 AM, Mikhail M. Ivanov
<ivanov.miguel at gmail.com> wrote:
What I got was a total server halt when I tried to upload via the new
Add Post interface something about 20 JPEG files (not more than 500kb
each). My website was down for almost 5 minutes. I thought It was my
hosters' problem and then tried again when the server woke up and got
the same result. So I guess there is a problem with the WP software?

What you did: Flash/non-Flash uploader unspecified, assuming Flash.

What happened: A lot of visual stuff should have happened during the
upload: queuing, progress bars, "Crunching...", "Show". Need more
details.

What you expected: It can take a long time for a shared server to
crunch 10MB of images. This may be normal.

Andy