[wp-testers] Code issue

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 18:36:18 GMT 2007

On 9/27/07, Lorenzo <lorenzone92 at gmail.com> wrote:
> No. I'm not using the visual editor.
> I've just disabled it.

So is it meant to be code examples? Or code that would be interpreted
and rendered?

On 9/27/07, Lorenzo <lorenzone92 at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I'm writing a post and I need to write some code I use the tags
> <code></code>
> but if I add *<?php* in the post it's not showed. WP automatically deletes
> it!! And also if I add code that contain <!-- ........ -->...

<code> is formatting HTML. How would WordPress know that "<?php:" is
as an example and not meant to be processed as code? And you are
correct that WordPress is protecting you from having code execute in
the post's content.

Cheers,
--
Lloyd Budd | Digital Entomologist | | Skype:foolswisdom
WordPress.com | WordPress.org | Automattic.com