[wp-testers] Re: Zombie Couriers

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 16:49:32 GMT 2007

On 9/27/07, wp-tester at spamex.com <wp-tester at spamex.com> wrote:

The first rule of any practise, and particularly software development
is every thing has a context, and no approach is universal.

> I apologize for ruffling feathers, but a very standard best practice
> is that the Golden Master is the last beta, which was the previous
> beta with a couple of bug fixes, which was the previous beta with a
> couple of bug fixes, etc. I just couldn't believe that a change of
> this magnitude was introduced at release time, when all previous
> practices pointed to a professional software development workflow.

As has been identified a couple of times now, a release candidate with
this change was done a week previous.

Further, leaving those tables would not improve the situation, only
masks the problem.

> Here's the formula we use in the multinational for which I run SD:

Isn't all that different than what is done here, but as it is a small
team, it has to be much more reactive.

There are a lot of interesting things happening currently with in
developing and testing, and it feels like a continuing evolution. With
your participation it will only improve.

Cheers,
--
Lloyd Budd | Digital Entomologist | | Skype:foolswisdom
WordPress.com | WordPress.org | Automattic.com