[wp-testers] Re: wp-testers Digest, Vol 31, Issue 58

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 16:32:36 GMT 2007

On 9/27/07, wp-tester at spamex.com <wp-tester at spamex.com> wrote:
> On Sep 27, 2007, at 2:42 AM, wp-testers-request at lists.automattic.com
> wrote:
>
> > Chris, I put that right back at you. How could you not have tested
> > against it?
>
> I did. Through every single beta.
>
> It's a standard part of both sites.
>
> They chose to whack the tables on the final release, which is a
> highly unusual move for a beta cycle.
>
> I do professional software development for a "day job," and I would
> never make a change of that scope in the final release.

There were removed in the release candidate a week previous to the
final release.

It sounds like it would have been beneficial to have suggested to
testers to remove the tables themselves in their beta testing, once
they had confirmed that the import seemed to be successful.

As Robin describes ultimately it's the plugin and theme authors
decision. WordPress now has a ~fixed schedule, so that should help
them.

Cheers,
--
Lloyd Budd | Digital Entomologist | | Skype:foolswisdom
WordPress.com | WordPress.org | Automattic.com