[wp-testers] Plugin to check 2.3 upgrade compatibility

Doug Smith doug at smithsrus.com
Thu Sep 27 14:47:41 GMT 2007

I wrote a plugin for myself to scan for potential WordPress 2.3
compatibility problems with plugins and themes. I decided to release
it to the public since it might be useful for others too. It's good
for checking everything out before upgrading to hopefully avoid some
problems. It can also be used in 2.3 to help identify the source of
errors.

You can find it at:
http://smithsrus.com/downloads/wordpress-upgrade-preflight-check/

p.s. Contrary to some of the complaints on this list, I found the
process and information leading up to the release of 2.3 to be
completely clear and handled well. Thanks to all of the WordPress
developers who put in so much hard work to bring us this release.
There are some significant changes and improvement here that are of
great benefit. It's a winner!

--
Doug Smith <doug at smithsrus.com>
<http://www.smithsrus.com>