[wp-testers] Re: wp-testers Digest, Vol 31, Issue 57

Robin Adrianse robin.adr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 03:24:37 GMT 2007

While WordPress attempted to gather a list of plugins and their
compatibility with WordPress 2.3, it would have been impossible to gather a
complete list. I also don't really agree with Event Calendar 3 being one of
the most popular plugins out there.

The responsibility of testing for compatibility lied mainly with the plugin
authors, and as such it is not the responsibility of WordPress to ensure
that *every single* plugin works or is updated. They did their best, and it
has been recommended for a while that plugins didn't use SQL directly, in
favor of the API functions, so as to avert situations exactly like this.

I would recommend checking in with the plugin author.