[wp-testers] 2.3 Beta Upgrade: No Problem. 2.3 Final Upgrade: Problem

Bull3t bull3t at ntlworld.com
Wed Sep 26 17:58:57 GMT 2007

Who made the decision to drop the categories table and replace it with the
terms table? I mean, what the hell? Why can't you just keep categories? I
never really understood this decision.

Most plugins can easily be fixed, all you need to do is use find and replace
to replace $wpdb->categories with $wpdb->terms and use a different system
for post2cat and link2cat (it is something complicated, i managed to do it
with use of all of the new terms tables (terms, term_relationships and
term_taxonomy), it is annoying though.

Hope that helps.

Bull3t (Philip Hughes)
http://www.bull3t.me.uk/