[wp-testers] WP2.3 database upgrade problem

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Tue Sep 25 22:38:42 GMT 2007

On 9/25/07, Luc Saint-Elie <lstelie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> No, I made some testung on a distinct db with a distinct install
>
> My regular website was in 2.2.3, then I delected the 2.2.3 files,
> replaced them with th 2.3 ones... and got a long list of database
> errors.
>
> But despite these erros, so far so good.. the web site works well

Duplicate entry errors when inserting into the term_relationships
table should not cause any harm.  WP 2.2 did not enforce the post_id,
category_id relationship to be unique in the post2cat table.  That has
resulted in some people having multiple rows for the same post_id,
category_id pair in post2cat, as Alexander described.  The upgrade is
incorrectly assuming that the post2cat rows are unique.  This will
result in the db error messages but should not mess up your upgrade.

Ryan