[wp-testers] Unable to logon to new 2.3 installation

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Tue Sep 25 11:05:49 GMT 2007

On Tue, September 25, 2007 11:58 am, Christian Yttesen wrote:
> Hi Lorenzo,
>
> Thanks for your reply, however I have already tried this but it did not
> have
> any effect.

Strange.

In 2.3 we introduced a test cookie which is set so as to sniff the
browsers cookie support.

This is then tested first and if it has not been set then we do not try
and process the Username and Password provided but return the error
message.  Previously you would get no error but fail to login in.

This was changed here: http://trac.wordpress.org/changeset/6009

Could you check in you browser to see if it has stored the test cookie?

westi
--
Peter Westwood <peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk>
http://blog.ftwr.co.uk