[wp-testers] Re: Non-unique IDs in links widget.

Christian Höltje docwhat at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 04:25:18 GMT 2007

* Christian Höltje (docwhat at gmail.com) [070923 13:42]:
> The links widget generates non-unique links if there are more than one
> link category set up.
>
> Attached is a simple fix for it.

I'm sorry.  I didn't know that attachments didn't go through.

Anyway, there was already a bug and in fact, I had suggested a simple
fix for this already:
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4287

The impact of this bug is rather serious. I don't know why it keeps
getting bumped even thought there is a simple one line fix for it.  It
may not be the *best* fix, but it is a fix and it'll work.

Without it CSS and JavaScript cannot do the right thing with respect
to the link widget and the HTML is not valid.

This is a huge problem for themes like Sandbox, where you need the
markup to be valid to get the CSS to work.

Ciao!

--
Oh, good, my dog found the chainsaw.
    -- Lilo (Lilo & Stitch)

The Doctor What: Need I say more?                http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat *at* gerf *dot* org                                        KF6VNC