[wp-testers] RE: the_tags() does not output anything if the_post() is

Toby Simmons toby at simmonsconsulting.com
Sat Sep 22 13:15:13 GMT 2007

>I had a old theme that uses "start_wp()" instead of "the_post()" in the
loop.
>Apparently the_tags() does not output anything unless the_post() is
>called. Am I right?
>
>Sadish
>http://sadish.net

I had the same issue with a theme. It was my own, so I edited it to use the
"the_post()" instead and it works just fine now. Funny thing, I had to hack
a bit to get the post date and time when using the older method of the loop,
but now all those things work much better.

I would advise editing the theme to use the more current method, of allowed
by the theme author.

Cheers,

Toby

W. Tobias Simmons
Simmons Consulting, Web Design and Marketing
toby at simmonsconsulting.com
http://www.simmonsconsulting.com
Phone: 501.821.4230 / Fax: 501.244.4416