[wp-testers] RE: A Word of Warning! If you're importing Catagories to Tags READ THIS!

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Sat Sep 22 01:07:44 GMT 2007

Mark Jaquith wrote:
> On Sep 21, 2007, at 5:31 PM, Chuck Adkins wrote:
>> I still
>> don't like the idea of the categories disappearing though. I don't
>> plan on using tags really. I think using Technorati tags are plenty
>> for what I do. I guess I just don't get it. Why have tags like this,
>> if you can't edit, add, and remove without having a plug in?
>
> Categories are not disappearing.  If you don't want to use tags, and
> want to continue using categories -- go right ahead.  The two will coexist.

I think maybe Chuck was referring to the "Import" function "convert
categories to tags", which converts the existing categories into being
tags. The categories do disappear.

     --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon

Poplar ProductivityWare * www.poplarware.com
Web Databases/Scripts * Modeling/Analysis/Palm OS Software