[wp-testers] RE: A Word of Warning! If you're importing Catagories to Tags READ THIS!

Chuck Adkins tpblogeditor at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 21:31:21 GMT 2007

>Hmmm. I just tried it on my test blog, and had no trouble with the
>conversion, running 2.3 bleeding from yesterday (looks like the cat 2
>tag importer has not been updated since the 11th, so it should be the
>same version in RC1). The tags appear in Adv Tag Entry, and clicking
>on the tag cloud gets me to the list of posts. No problem there...

>If you are not seeing the tags in Adv Tag Entry, you might try
>updating to 1.01, as I found a bug having to do with apostrophes and
>posted a new version yesterday.

  >   --Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

I didn't know upgrade had been published, so, I did update... I still
don't like the idea of the categories disappearing though. I don't
plan on using tags really. I think using Technorati tags are plenty
for what I do. I guess I just don't get it. Why have tags like this,
if you can't edit, add, and remove without having a plug in?

It just seems a little bit of laziness of the part of the team, if you
ask me. Why couldn't they just rename the categories to tags? and keep
the structure the same? If I sound like I'm being a critical, I kind
of am, I feel if your going to introduce something, do it right and
follow, don't half ass program it, an rely on plug in producers to
finish your job for you. I guess it's because I'm 35 years old, and
was raised in a very conservative, old school, environment. Which
taught me, if you going to do a job, do it right and complete it the
first time.

Sorry if that offends anyone, But I'm just sayin' what I feel.

Reason I won't be using them, is because the theme I use, doesn't
support it yet. and really, I fail to see the purpose the tags, just
more junk at the footer of a message, if you ask me.

I'm even thinking of stopping the use of Technorati Tags at the bottom
of messages. Becaus quite frankly, the categories are already there...
and you can add and delete as you go, and google and Technorati do
scan and file according to subject, I believe.

I guess I'm getting quite picky and jaded about the whole blogging
scene... Maybe a bit burned out. There's just nothing exciting about
it anymore...

Hope ya'll understand...

-Chuck

--