[wp-testers] Password and User Options

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Thu Sep 20 14:29:18 GMT 2007

On Wed, September 19, 2007 8:22 am, Carl Peterson wrote:
> I just upgraded my site to 2.3 RC1. I've imported my old entries from
> the 2.2 install. No problems. I changed the password on the new
> installation. No problems. I tried to change the personal info (first/
> last name, etc.) without changing the password.
>
>      * ERROR: you typed your new password only once.
>      * ERROR: Please type the same password in the two password fields.
>
> Three or more times I tried this. With different combinations of non-
> password information. Same message each time. Nothing gets updated.

Do you get the same on the login screen?

I have seen this with plugins that set things in $_POST if there are not
there unconditionally - i.e. they don't check for it to be a POST request.

WP checks for the existence of $_POST in places before reporting some of
these types of errors.

One plugin I know that does this is the latest version of Ryan Duffs
contact form plugin.

westi
--
Peter Westwood <peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk>