[wp-testers] update to 6133 and get error

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 01:57:50 GMT 2007

Travis Snoozy wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 13:22:56 -0300, Alenônimo
> <alexandre at alenonimo.com.br> wrote:
>

>> I've found the culprit: *Google Sitemaps* plugin.
>>
>> I've made an search for post2cat on all files within
>> /wp-content/plugins/ and it show up. Disabling it solved my problem.
>>

> See <http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugins/Plugin_Compatibility/2.3>.

I guess this goes to show, no matter how much exposure you give the 2.3
plugin compat list and etc, things will be overlooked sigh. Even though
there's a new feature of letting people know of out-dated plugins in the
Manage > Plugins section of the wp-admin panel. Things will be
overlooked there too, because it's not really a page that's viewed on a
daily basis.

It's really only viewed when people add new plugins to the blog, or are
having an issue with ONE plugin, that they go there. I guess what could
be implemented for version 2.4 is.. no matter where you are in the
wp-admin/ panel... A hand will come out of the screen and smacks you in
the face - with a message saying.. "go here [insert link] for the plugin
version that will work on this version of WP"... lol! Nah, that's
already part of the 2.3 feature list, but it's just overlooked alot of
the time sigh.