[wp-testers] Password and User Options

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 19:17:08 GMT 2007

On 9/19/07, Carl Peterson <carlopeterson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just upgraded my site to 2.3 RC1. I've imported my old entries from
> the 2.2 install. No problems. I changed the password on the new
> installation. No problems. I tried to change the personal info (first/
> last name, etc.) without changing the password.
>
>     * ERROR: you typed your new password only once.
>     * ERROR: Please type the same password in the two password fields.
>
> Three or more times I tried this. With different combinations of non-
> password information. Same message each time. Nothing gets updated.

My guess is your browser is autofilling the first password field, and
that is causing the erroneous experience. Maybe, you accidently
clicked save password when you changed the password.

Hope that helps,
--
Lloyd Budd | Digital Entomologist | | Skype:foolswisdom
WordPress.com | WordPress.org | Automattic.com