[wp-testers] New tag entry plugin

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Wed Sep 19 14:11:43 GMT 2007

Les Bessant wrote:
> Works, and might just do the job for now  - but personally, I'd like to have
> less on the posting page. Insertion and deletion of tags from a simple
> drop-down is all that I need there. Adding a new tag can be done by typing
> it into the existing box, so that's simple. A management page where tags can
> be deleted from the db, renamed, merged, etc would be useful.

I thought of putting the create/edit/delete functionality on a
separate screen, but for multilingual users (my reason for creating
the plugin), typing a tag into the text field is *not* enough. You
need to be able to specify the tag slug at the same time. That is why
it is all on that screen -- if you are going to take up the space for
entering a tag and slug, might as well just do it all (the only extra
space is for deleting).

     --Jennifer
--
Jennifer Hodgdon

Poplar ProductivityWare * www.poplarware.com
Web Databases/Scripts * Modeling/Analysis/Palm OS Software