[wp-testers] Problem with term_group assignments?

Bruce Keener brucekeener at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 22:45:47 GMT 2007

In looking over the data for term_group, it appears that most of my
categories are assigned a value of '1' and that most of my tags are assigned
a value of '0'. However, there are some exceptions to this. For example, at
one time I had a category named iPod, deleted it some time back, but
recently added a tag named iPod and this tag has a term_group data value of
1. Similar situation for the former category named Blogging, which is now a
tag.

Should I manually change these two entries to have a value of 0?

Note that it is possible that this phenomena is due to the fact that I
installed a 2.3 alpha a couple of months back, uninstalled, and went back to
2.3 a couple of weeks ago. So, there was a time when my wp_term related
entries existed but were not being updated. Hence, this sort of problem
might be unique to us "reinstallers" but wanted to point it out in case it
is broader.