[wp-testers] WordPress 2.3 Beta 3

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 07:03:50 GMT 2007

Dawn Hall wrote:
> I installed Beta 3 and after the database upgrade, I got these errors:
>
> WordPress database error: [Duplicate entry '2' for key 1]
> INSERT INTO wp_terms (term_id, name, slug, term_group) VALUES ('2', 'General', 'general-2', '1')
> WordPress database error: [Duplicate entry '2-category' for key 2]
> INSERT INTO wp_term_taxonomy (term_id, taxonomy, description, parent, count) VALUES ('2', 'category',

See, this is ONE major thing that needs addressed NOW. Not two weeks
after the release is made. And this is one thing that needs to be
figured out now, and posted on the Release post of 2.3 or even a
forewarning post NOW, regarding this stuff. Because everyone and their
pets are going to go racing to forums for answers regarding this. And
it's something that seriously needs addressed before hand, rather than
later.