[wp-testers] Multi-Tag Collation / Term Confusion

Thomas Belknap dragonfly at dragonflyeye.net
Sat Sep 8 12:00:41 GMT 2007

OK, here are the partic-a-zizzles:

PHP: 5.0
MySQL: 5.0.18
WordPress: Beta2, upgraded from new-install Beta1
Plugins: Askimet only

I'm seeing two issues and I wanted to see if anyone else had the same
problems. The first is that, while tag pages are formatted fine, tag
pages where multiple tags have been selected show up with a heading of
"Posts Tagged ‘’", as in this page:
http://beta.holisticnetworking.net/tag/administration+wordpress/

This same issue affected single-tag pages in Beta1, so someone has
already addressed this, but it looks like a bit more needs to be done,
unfortunately.

The other issues seems to be some taxonomic confusion. I've imported
posts from a public blog into this one for the sake of having content to
look at, using the WXR format. In the original database, there is a
category called "Plugin Concepts" with a slug of "plugins." That
category was imported into the Beta version. I then filled in some of
the posts with some tags, and opted to use the tag "plugins" as one of them.

Now "Plugin Concepts" appears as both a category and a tag in HTTP.
Moreover, in the database, "Plugin Concepts" appears twice, once with
the slug "plugins" and again with the slug "plugin-concepts." Neither of
them is a tag, both are categories, and there is no "Plugins" as a term
at all. However, "Plugin Concepts," when clicked on under "Tags," works
fine. Oyie!

Tags and categories of the same name *are* supposed to be able to live
together in harmony, correct? Intuitively, it seems like "Plugin
Concepts" + "plugins", which has an ID of 7, was created when the data
was imported, then "Plugin Concepts" + "plugin-concepts," which has an
ID of 10, was created when the post was updated? But why did it create a
new term with a new slug?

If anyone would like to look over the new database, I can send.