[wp-testers] Uncategorized Shows "Ghost" Posts

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Thu Sep 6 23:02:01 GMT 2007

On 9/3/07, Justin Moore <wantmoore at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/3/07, wp-tester at spamex.com <wp-tester at spamex.com> wrote:
> > Okay, I finally get 2.3 Beta 1, and set up a copy DB on my local
> > machine.
> >
> > My "Uncategorized" Category/tag is showing 6 posts "Uncategorized (6)"
> >
> > When I click on the category, I get no posts listed, yet the category
> > stubbornly insists that there are 6 posts.
> >
> > I have 6 pages. The pages don't have any tags on them, and it doesn't
> > look like there is the ability to assign them tags.
>
> I have the same results here. To reproduce, I visit Manage->Pages and
> use the drop down boxes to filter the posts list. In the dropdown, it
> says "Uncategorized (56)", but when I apply the filter, I only get two
> posts and I only have around 30 Pages in the DB.

Thanks to those who sent their DBs.  The problem was that during
upgrade the counts were being updated incorrectly.  Instead of
counting only published posts, pages and unpublished posts were also
being counted.

http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4922

Upgrade is now fixed.  However, if you've already upgraded you'll have
to edit or create a post in the affected category to force that
categories counts to be updated.  If you have a lot of counts
out-of-whack, I can provide a script that will update them.

Ryan