[wp-testers] Tags plus categories or tags vs categories

Bruce Keener brucekeener at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 22:33:02 GMT 2007

I have seen a lot of comments regarding use of tags instead of categories,
but I would like to keep my existing categories and occasionally use tags on
some posts to give the search engines some specialized tags for those posts.
For example, if I were to write a political post, something different for
me, and wanted to tag it with Ron Paul, I assume the use of tags would let
me do that without me having to create a new category for Ron Paul, a tag I
might use once and only once.

Is my desired use of tags as a supplement to categories doable with this
beta, or should I plan on replacing categories with tags (and using
redirects to keep from 404'ing the search engines)?