[wp-testers] WordPress blog extremely slow

Bull3t bull3t at ntlworld.com
Wed Sep 5 06:54:26 GMT 2007

My blog does seem to have increased in responsiveness now, but I hardly did
anything. This is weird; I disabled my K2 theme and the enabled it again,
disabled all of my plugins and enabled them one by one - many of them throw
errors at me and would not load, so I uninstalled them completely (I don't
think I needed them anyway). My K2 Sidebar Modules were completely messed up
though, I could not edit/add to my sidebar, the items would just not show up
in the administration panel. Eventually I had to revert back to WordPress
Widgets and it now seems to be a bit faster, it is still slow due to the
sheer number of plugins and K2 modifications it has to load/deal with, but
it is faster.

Even though I have nearing 50 plugins, I don't see why they should slow down
my WordPress installation, anyone got any ideas for speeding it up anymore?

--
Bull3t
http://www.bull3t.me.uk