[wp-testers] Categories vs Tags in 2.3b

Paul Stamatiou p at pstam.com
Sun Sep 2 19:29:55 GMT 2007

I would like to see some administrative features for tags - ie, like
you can see what a post is categorized on the manage tab, I'd like to
see what it is tagged as well. Also, the ability to delete entire tags
instead of going through each post and other functionality like
categories already has.

It's probably too late for this, but instead of a single line with
tags, a flickr-like sidebar module like categories would be nice.

Paul

On 9/2/07, Dan Phiffer <dan at phiffer.org> wrote:

> On Aug 30, 2007, at 8:42 PM, Dan Phiffer wrote:

> >> What sort of info are you looking for?
> >
> > Functionally-speaking, are there additional features that tags
> > introduce, or are there just two namespaces for the same thing?
> > Since Ultimate Tag Warrior is ceasing development, will WP seek to
> > provide the same kinds of things (e.g., tag intersection)?
>
> Or, alternatively: what kind of functionality should we be testing
> for in 2.3b?
>

> > Thanks,
> > -Dan
> >

> >> Cheers,
> >> --
> >> Lloyd Budd | Digital Entomologist | | Skype:foolswisdom
> >> WordPress.com | WordPress.org | Automattic.com

Paul Stamatiou
Computational Media
Georgia Tech in Atlanta, GA

PaulStamatiou.com