[wp-testers] What's the point of comment moderation...

Chris Harrison chris at cdharrison.com
Tue Oct 23 15:49:00 GMT 2007

Akismet does a great job but it's only a plugin, and not everyone is going
to have it activated or have a wordpress.com api key in order to use it.

As for OpenID... there is an inherent flaw with it... OpenID doesn't prove
that you are who you say you are... it just proves that a human was involved
in authenticating a domain, creating an account on Vox or something... The
moment Auto-Approve is enabled for OpenID, I think you'd be opening yourself
up to a wave of spam. Think they're not using Wordpress.com, Vox.com,
Blogger.com, etc?

Anyway... I think this might be a topic for the forums...

On 10/23/07, azrin <azrin at bbs.nu> wrote:

> Seems AKISMET does it's job well enough to filter out all the spams etc.
> Wishlist for AUTO APPROVE for OPENID registered users or wordpress.com ,
> something like Blogger

chris harrison | designer
http://cdharrison.com
706.495.8431