[wp-testers] 2.3.1 Beta 1

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Fri Oct 19 19:08:38 GMT 2007

On 19 Oct 2007, at 18:40, Gene Steinberg wrote:

> On Oct 19, 2007, at 10:37 AM, Ryan Boren wrote:
>
>> We're on the latest version of the spellchecker, and I don't have any
>> problems with google spell.  Perhaps a plugin is loading a JS library
>> that is interfering?  I don't know.
>>
>> Any else having problems connecting to google spell?
>>
>> Ryan
>> __________
>

> Ryan, I tried with no plug-ins running at all -- same symptoms.
>
> I'm racking the brain here, but can't think of any possibilities.
>
> It's all after that Apache 2.2.6/PHP 5.2.4 (same version as used
> with Apache 1.3.7) upgrade. I redid it a couple of times, and
> everything is functional except spellcheck and the SQSidebar plug-in.
>
> So I submit to your superior knowledge. Help.

Strange - works fine for me with Apache 2.2.6 and PHP 5.2.4_p20070914-
pl2-gentoo with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.6.2

I wonder if you have some of the PHP modular bits disabled which are
stopping the request going out.

TinyGoogleSpell requires either curl or fsockopen with ssl support.

westi
--
Peter Westwood <peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk>
Blog: http://blog.ftwr.co.uk/