[wp-testers] What's the point of comment moderation...

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 08:15:39 GMT 2007

When it's not moderating anything anyway? I mean, even on 2.3 the
comment moderation wasn't working either...

I tried comment moderation on both themes, the one I'm using and the
default theme and it's still letting comments through, no matter what. I
went to Options > Discussion and chose under: Before a comment appears:

    * An administrator must always approve the comment

It's the only one checked... I even put their IP address in for Comment
Moderation, whenever someone on that IP posts a comment, and it STILL
lets it go through. They went and tried this on another browser, while
not being logged in, as a total stranger.. they got an auth image,
filled it out, and was approved too... As far as I know, the only way to
keep a moderation going for my stuff...is to ban peoples IPs in the
.htaccess file.. and that's pretty lame... I mean seriously though,
despite them being approved before or not, if the option to comment
moderation is checked, it should moderate comments as expected right?

Spencer: when u went in on other browser
did you get auth image
and fill it out

blacksnday: yea

Spencer: and was approved anyway?

blacksnday: yea it is said:
THANK YOU YOUR COMMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED