[wp-testers] taxonomy hooks

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Mon Oct 15 20:25:55 GMT 2007

Dan Milward wrote:
> We're trying to create tags for plugins as opposed to pages / posts
> (imagine tags for an image gallery plugin and wp e-commerce). Are there
> any "taxonomy hooks" we can use without having to duplicate a whole lot
> of WordPress code?

I'm assuming you mean taxonomy PHP functions rather than taxonomy
hooks (hooks = actions/filters)? If so, check out the functions in the
wp-includes/taxonomy.php file, such as register_taxonomy (to define
your taxonomy type), and then wp_set_object_terms (to tag your images
or whatever it is you are tagging).

Also, you might get more responses to this if you posted to wp-hackers
instead of wp-testers. See
     http://codex.wordpress.org/Mailing_Lists
for guidelines on what gets posted to what list.

     --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon

Poplar ProductivityWare * www.poplarware.com
Web Databases/Scripts * Modeling/Analysis/Palm OS Software