[wp-testers] Category Issues

Justin Moore wantmoore at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 19:49:28 GMT 2007

On 10/8/07, Charity Gamble <char at gothic-peach.net> wrote:
> I'm having a problem adding new categories. Everytime I do, it loads my
> blog's front page where I'm adding the category. This happens both in the
> manage tab and in the category listing on the write page. Any ideas? I'm
> running 2.3, and recent moved my blog over to a new server from the old one.

It's hard to say with such little info, but you may very well be
running into a problem I ran into last week related to mod-security.
I've been hearing about quite a few folks who have run into problems
with it lately. I think this was the forum thread that ended up
helping me:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/121356

Luckily, I run my own box, so I'm able to disable those kind of things
at will. Not sure what someone is supposed to do if their host is
uncooperative, other than the obvious "switch hosts" option.

--
Justin Moore
aka wantmoore