[wp-testers] Will 2.3.1 be merged with 2.3 and can I use 'svn up' to get it?

Robin Adrianse robin.adr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 04:39:53 GMT 2007

Heh, sorry. Basically right now you're on the 2.3 tag, which will *never*
get updated (unless it's under very, very, very special circumstances, but I
can't think of any). That's the purpose of a tag -- it's basically the same
as downloading the archive from WP.org and installing it that way. It stays
the same.

Now, when a new release is tagged, you can use the "svn switch" command (see
"svn help switch" for a detailed explanation of the command) to switch
repositories from one tag to another -- basically upgrading to the current
release.

If you would like to, you can check out the 2.3 branch, which will only have
bug fixes and small changes (the main development goes on in trunk), and
"svn up" occasionally to be on 2.3.1-alpha and so on (alpha is misleading --
it's pretty stable).

Let me know if more clarification is needed :).