[wp-testers] Issues with RSS widgets and saving values

Carl Peterson carlopeterson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 15:44:24 GMT 2007

Here's the process I went through (as best I remember it).

*Told WP to give me two RSS feeds.
*Placed both RSS feed widgets in sidebar.
*Changed RSS2 to "
http://www.manslickchurchofchrist.com/category/recorded-sermons/feed/"
--RSS feed displays properly
*Changed RSS1 to "
http://www.manslickchurchofchrist.com/category/manslick-road-speaker/feed"
using copy-paste. I think I may have accidentally told WP to save changes at
some point in there.
*Save changes
---RSS1 points to the recorded-sermons feed
*Change RSS1 feed address and apply title to widget
*Save changes
---RSS1 points to recorded-sermons feed and does not save widget title
*repeat, several times
---RSS1 points to recorded-sermons feed and does not save widget title

I added a third RSS feed and tried to do the same with RSS3. No such luck.

Also, I'm having a problem with adding/removing widgets to/from the sidebar
and WP holding the changes. Several times, I dragged one widget or another
to the available widgets area from the sidebar, only to have it be back in
the sidebar after saving changes.

Carl