[wp-testers] WordPress Functional Test Suite Problems

Jacob wordpress at santosj.name
Fri Nov 23 05:46:44 GMT 2007

Jacob wrote:
> 1. wp-cron.php is looking for wp-config.php in "./wp.config.php" when
> it should not. This is a general problem that needs to be sorted. This
> won't pass safe mode and is pretty damn annoying.
>
> Solution: change to <?php require_once
> dirname(__FILE__).'/wp-config.php'; ?> for all that is holy.
>
> 2. ini_set('display_errors', VALUE) does not accept a string. It is a
> numeric value. Change ini_set('display_errors', '0'); to
> ini_set('display_errors', 0); to not display.
>
> 3. Do not block displaying errors. Block only warnings and notices. It
> might be annoying, but I believe it firmly violates the whole
> principle of testing. It makes it extremely difficult to figure out
> what is causing the Unit tests to not complete with it off. Leave it on!
>
> 4. getopt is not support on Windows until 5.3, so it kind of leaves
> the rest of us out. Please add a check for the function or for Windows
> environment and not use it. I had to comment it out to get the Test
> Suite to run.

Actually, I had to change a lot of the paths in the system. I think it
might be from change the include paths to get PHPUnit working.

--

Jacob Santos

http://www.santosj.name - blog
http://wordpress.svn.dragonu.net/unittest/ - unofficial WP unit test suite.

Also known as darkdragon and santosj on WP trac.