[wp-testers] WordPress Functional Test Suite Problems

Jacob wordpress at santosj.name
Fri Nov 23 05:43:10 GMT 2007

1. wp-cron.php is looking for wp-config.php in "./wp.config.php" when it
should not. This is a general problem that needs to be sorted. This
won't pass safe mode and is pretty damn annoying.

Solution: change to <?php require_once
dirname(__FILE__).'/wp-config.php'; ?> for all that is holy.

2. ini_set('display_errors', VALUE) does not accept a string. It is a
numeric value. Change ini_set('display_errors', '0'); to
ini_set('display_errors', 0); to not display.

3. Do not block displaying errors. Block only warnings and notices. It
might be annoying, but I believe it firmly violates the whole principle
of testing. It makes it extremely difficult to figure out what is
causing the Unit tests to not complete with it off. Leave it on!

4. getopt is not support on Windows until 5.3, so it kind of leaves the
rest of us out. Please add a check for the function or for Windows
environment and not use it. I had to comment it out to get the Test
Suite to run.

--

Jacob Santos

http://www.santosj.name - blog
http://wordpress.svn.dragonu.net/unittest/ - unofficial WP unit test suite.

Also known as darkdragon and santosj on WP trac.